A EuroSim license gives the licensee the right to install and run the EuroSim software on a single specific computer.
Four types of licenses are available:
EuroSim Software is delivered as installable packages appropriate for the selected platform and consists of a set of executable programs plus the EuroSim Runtime Libraries, needed when generating an executable model (simulator) or connecting external software applications or hardware.
- Desktop licenses are perpetual, user and node locked licenses for soft realtime simulation. A desktop license includes the fully functional EuroSim Software, but is limited to a single user and soft realtime execution only. The Desktop license is ideal for model and simulator developers in smaller projects. Upgrading the Desktop license to a Workstation or Server license is possible at the cost of the price difference and an administration fee.
- Workstation licenses are perpetual, user and node locked licenses for hard realtime simulation. The workstation license includes the fully functional EuroSim Software, is limited to a single user but includes hard realtime execution to exploit the capabilities of more powerfull workstation hardware. The Workstation license is ideal for smaller projects where at most one user is working with the system, but requires full life cycle support including realtime execution. Upgrading the Workstation license to a Server license is possible at the cost of the price difference and an administration fee.
- Server licenses are perpetual, multi user, node locked licenses, With a server license a team of developers can work simultaneously on a powerfull server. The number of simultaneous simulations is only limited by the capabilities and performance of the server computer. The server license includes support for hard realtime execution, which due to the claiming of resources and possibility of interference is limited to on hard realtime simulation at any time.
- Runtime licenses are essentially deployment licenses. A test engineer can execute the simulator built by a simulator developer using either their Desktop or Server license. Using the runtime license the test engineer can either use the Simulation Controller to create simulation scenarios and interactively control and monito simulation, or can write batch execution scripts in a variety of popular languages such Perl, Python, Tcl and Java. Analysis of the results can be accomplished with the EuroSim Test Analyzer.
A EuroSim license includes 3 month warranty.
EuroSim for Linux runs on both Intel i686 32 bit platforms as well as x86_64 64 bit patforms. All license variants are available: Desktop, Server and Runtime.
Due to the fast increasing number of Linux distributions, the EuroSim consortium it is no longer possible to proactively maintain a wide variety of distributions. Starting with our Mk5.2 series which introduced 64-bit support, we have selected the following distributions as our base solution:
We recommend customers to select one of these distribtions for their licenses as the EuroSim consortium partners apply these distributions in their own projects. In case you encounter a problem on your platform, it is then highly likely that that problem has already been reported and solved as part of our in house experience in projects. It remains however possible to provide EuroSim for other distributions, though such special requests is subject to availability and may come at an additional charge. If customers desire a different operating system distrubution, We recommend selection of a distribution and version that has long term support as we have seen customers struggeling with the problem that their release no longer worked on new hardware. Please contact the EuroSim consortium for further details advise and availability of releases.
- Concurrent RedHawk 6.3, both 32 and 64 bit
- Scientific Linux 6.3 (a free of charge Red Hat Enterprise Linux rebuild supported by Major institutions lead by CERN, see Scientific Linux ), both 32 and 64 bit available, and including support for the MRG kernel on the 64 bit version.
Please note that when purchasing a license and integrating it with the hardware yourself, you are taking responsibility of the realtime characteristics of the system. Though EuroSim is capable of hard real-time simulation, such real-time quality is dependent on the platform that the license is installed on and and subsequent tuning of bios, kernel and driver settings. A multi-core platform is essential for hard real-time execution, but there are many more other factors to be considered in the hardware selection to achieve hard real-time guarantees.
EuroSim for Windows runs on Intel i686 32-bit platforms as well as x86_64 64 bit platforms (as 32 bit application). Currently only the Desktop license is available, which in our experience is also the most usefull variant as most Windows users focus on model development and have interaction with other modelling environments as priority and less need for guaranteed realtime execution.
EuroSim for Windows is currently supported on Windows 7. As there is no customer demand for Windows 8, there are no plans yet for Windows 8 support Please contact the helpdesk if you have a need for Windows 8 support to place such development in our roadmap
Please note that execution on multi-core/processor platforms is restricted to the mechanisms inherent to Microsoft Windows, no additional features are provided in EuroSim to exploit multi-core solutions for realtime abilities.. This means that multiple cores or processors can increase the performance, but will not improve real-time quality.