Euromoon 2000 - Moon Landing Prototype Simulation
- to identify a feasible strategy and timeline for the descent of the EuroMoon lander on the Moon
- to measure the ability of a man to be in the guidance loop
- to clarify the possible division of tasks between those carried out by the lander and those performed at Ground Control on earth
- to allow the specification of an effective MMI for the Ground Control during this phase
- to develop the specification for a Ground Control Operations Simulator for mission preparation
This work was done by the Modelling & Simulation section of ESA/ESTEC in support to Phase B of the Euromoon 2000 project. An early prototype is available.